Read PDF files on Kindle Fire natively
"I have a Sony E-Reader Pocket Edition, and have purchased/downloaded approx. 20 books over the past year. Can these be opened on the Kindle Fire? They are all in .pdf or E-pub format. Anyone else upgraded from a Sony reader to the Kindle Fire? Thank you." -from amazon.com forum
Kindle Fire supports (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, so to open PDF files on Kindle Fire for reading is required by many Kindle Fire users. And the ways you can use are:
1. Uploading & Downloading from an on-line storage service (DropBox, Box, etc.),
2. Using an app to tether your device such as WiFi File Explorer PRO (worth the 99 cents),
3. Plugging your Kindle in with a USB to your PC/Laptop, or Emailing the content to your Kindle Fire's Email (which can be found in Docs on your Kindle Fire).
4. Once content is on the device, you will need to download a File Manager app from the market place. ES File Explorer should do nicely.
5.If you prefer not to use this app you will need to connect your Device either by Wifi File Explorer Pro or USB and manually drop the content in the folder you wish.
6. Not all content displays in the Documents or Videos folder.
You may need to drop some content in to your Gallery for it to function/display properly.
If you met this situation
"I dumped a couple of PDFs onto it but for some reason I can't locate them. I expected them to show up in the Documents tab, but they didn't. The only way I have been able to access them is to go into the browser and select Downloads." from Amazon.com forum
Assuming you put them in the Documents folder, they should show up there.
It likely downloaded them to the "Downloads" folder then.
If can't find still. You'll need grab a file manager from the app store to move it from there to Documents. Use ES File Explorer which also gives you free reign to look at the files on the Fire so generally useful.
Now you are able to open PDF files on Kindle Fire, books as well as videos and music are useful and import function on a Kindle Fire. Here you can learn more on play iTunes M4V on Kindle Fire.
If you have any problem on copy music and video files to Kindle Fire and play it, you can go to
How to copy movies to Kindle Fire.